9 Surprising Facts About Home Invasions
A recent study by the Pew Research Center shows that Americans overestimate the amount of crime that actually happens in the US. That's a great fact - until you become the victim of a home invasion. Home invasions happen much more frequently than you may think - we aren't trying to scare you, but it's the truth.
A home invasion occurs every 18 seconds.
The best way to deter burglars is to be aware that you could be their next victim - educate yourself and your family about the best ways to deter burglars.
Here are 9 surprising facts about home invasions:
1. Most burglaries occur between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. - the exact times you are probably at work.
2. The majority of break ins are committed by burglars who live nearby.
3. Most burglars are out in 10 minutes or less.
4. 34% of burglars invade your home through the front door.
5. 30% of burglars enter through an unlocked window or door.
6. Burglars normally target the master bedroom.
7. The average property loss per burglary is a staggering $2,251.
8. Only 13.4% of burglaries in the US end in arrests.
9. 32% of home invasions occur while someone is home.
Don't be a burglars next victim - be proactive and gain peace of mind with a home security system.